The Hotline in Mexico City
The executives received us warmly and listened to our concerns. They gave us a tour of the rather impressive claims hotline. It is an impressive setup, and not at all what we expected. Two floors with hundreds of employees working full time handling claims for the company. The hotline is set up in two distinct sections, downstairs is for auto accidents/theft, and upstairs is for Roadside Assistance. Both groups are staffed 24/7 and have a bi-lingual representative at all times available to assist tourists. After the tour, we sat down to discuss business.
The process for claims:
- The call comes in and is answered, the operator will send it to either AVQ, or the Collision call center.
- The call center validates coverage
- Once verified dispatch the operate dispatches assistance.
- The claim and adjuster attach electronically to a monitoring system with three gates, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, and 30 minutes. Each claim is a visual representation of the Claims Activity Board. The claim represented by colors on this board and the Red items send an alert to the manager
- The manager engages the adjuster and looks into those claims that take longer than 30 minutes to respond. Usually, those are related to remote areas or complex accidents involving many vehicles and authorities, possibly death. Each claim assignment is by area, and each area has a responsible manager for escalation.
The Challenge with Claims
We communicated to Quálitas specific incidents that brought us there. A client, a vulnerable young woman broke down in a remote area of Baja California and the agent took 1 hour before dispatching assistance. The claims hotline dispatcher asked our client to email a photo of her insurance policy to prove that she had coverage. Our client barely had internet service, only had digital copies of her policy and her frustration began to magnify in an already challenging situation.
The issue was validating the coverage through the Quálitas claims hotline, for our tourist clients.
The executive team and engineers joined an impromptu project meeting to brainstorm a solution and in that room, Qualitas Connect came to be.
Quálitas Claims Hotline: Conclusion
By connecting MexInsurance.com® with the Qualitas mainframe the policy number, term of coverage, first and last name, and vehicle details will are instantly transmitted at the point of sale. The result is instant validation of all mexinsurance policyholder coverage.
Click Here to read about our client’s first-hand claims experience
MexInsurance.com® – providing quality Mexico Insurance online since 2003.