From Canada to Mexico

From Canada to Mexico

canadian flag
Canadians welcome to Mexico

There is a natural draw from Canada to Mexico.  So, what do Canadians need to consider before taking the trip across both borders into the land of Sun and Relaxation?  How can a Canadian prepare themselves properly to ensure a relaxing trip?

Here are the requirements:

  1.  Passport.  Before you cross into Mexico – make you sure you have a valid passport – and secure it for re-entry to the United States.
  2. Before you cross into Mexico, you must have Mexican Insurance.  Canadians can easily apply for and bind Mexican Insurance (“mexinsurance”) instantly here:
    1. includes a comprehensive Tourist Roadside Assistance package with all policies sold.  In addition to the top-notch coverage program specifically contoured for foreigners to Mexico – you will be spoiled by the rates and quality of service.
  3. Temporary Visa (FMM) – if you are staying for longer than 72 hours or traveling beyond the “tourist zones” you will need a temporary visa.  Please see this related blog post here.  You can also review the relevant information from Canada’s Government site here.
  4. Temporary Vehicle Import Permit (TIP).  Please see the TIP article published here
  5. Cell phone coverage in Mexico – please make sure you check with your carrier for instructions and plan updates to allow for you to make and receive phone calls while in Mexico.  Related blog post here

As long Canadians are prepared and responsible, we are confident you will be safe, and secure on your journey south.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.